L484 pill is a medicine used to treat conditions like backaches, osteoarthritis, headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, or cold/flu aches and pains. Get to know how L484 works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where L484 is not suggested.
Key Ingredients of L484 pill
It belongs to the class of drugs called miscellaneous analgesics. This medicine contains the following drug as an active ingredient:
- Acetaminophen 500mg
Acetaminophen or Paracetamol is a widely used analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer) drug.
Mechanism of action
L484 relieves pain by elevating the pain threshold. It does nothing for inflammation. It acts on heat-regulating center in the brain, thereby reduces fever. Basically, it guides a part of the brain that controls the body temperature to reduce an elevated temperature of the body.
Common uses of Acetaminophen
It is used in the following conditions:
Fever and Pain
It is used to treat cold and flu, headache, backache, and fever.
It is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis.
It is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, pain, and swelling associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Acetaminophen is used to treat pain and cramps during menstruation.
Also used in conditions like
- Dental pain
- Sprains of muscles and joints
- Mild to moderate pain in cases like kidney stones and gallstones
- Polymyositis (Inflammation of muscles)
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain
- Sciatica pain
- Plantar fasciitis Pain
Dosage of L484 pill
- The oral dose for adults is 325 to 650 mg every 4-6 hours.
- General maximum recommended daily dosage is 4 grams.
- In general, the oral dosage range for kids is between 40 mg to 650 mg every 4 hours based on the kid’s age.
- Individuals should not use L484 for more than 10 days for the treatment of pain or more than 4 days for treatment of a fever unless directed by a physician.
Note: The information is provided for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a medical advice, a diagnosis or a suggested treatment. It is advised to consult your Physician before using any medication.
Contraindications of L484 pill
Some medicine is not suitable for persons suffering few health conditions. Similarly, this drug is also not suitable for those suffering under mentioned conditions.
Avoid if you have an allergy to Acetaminophen/Paracetamol or any other NSAIDs
Contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder L484 is not recommended for you. It could cause severe swelling and bleed in the intestines, stomach, and anus.
L484 pill side effects
When some medicine is used for treating any health condition, there might be a chance of suffering some side effects along with its intended benefits. These side effects might not occur in every individual, but some may get any kind of side effects mentioned below. Some are common and some are severe. It is strongly advised to visit your doctor if you suffer any such side effects and they never fade away in a short period.
- Abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- Sudden weakness or tiredness
- Ringing in ears
Some Serious side effects that may occur in some patients are like:
- Ulceration of the stomach or intestine
- Allergic reactions especially in people who suffer asthma
- Reduction of blood flow to the kidneys and impaired function of the kidneys
Doctor’s advice about L484 pill Usage
- L484 is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Consuming high dose or taking long time L484 can cause kidney problems and stomach bleeding
- If you are suffering from kidney disease, inform your doctor first. Your dose may need to be adjusted
- When you taking L484, Avoid excess intake of alcohol, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken overdoses of L484 Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency and you are feeling unwell
Taking more than prescribed L484 may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss a certain dose, then take it sooner possible, and if it’s nearing next dosage schedule, skip the missed dosage and continue the regular dosage schedule. Don’t take an extra dose.
L484 is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. L484 is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor.
L484 is safe to use during breastfeeding. Before using this medicine consult your doctor.
Precautions before taking L484 pill
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain ailments, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before start using L484, it is important that your doctor knows:
- If you have a stomach ulcer, or if you have an inflammatory bowel disorder such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Suffering from any allergic disorders like asthma or any other
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have high blood pressure
- If have any history of cardiac issues or of the circulatory system
- If you have any blood clotting problems
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medicines (such as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen), or to any other NSAIDs.
- If you are suffering from any health problems related to kidney or liver
Kiddowell.com provides health-related information on natural products and remedies, prescription medicines, over-the-counter drugs, hospitals and healthcare organizations. The information is provided for educational purposes only. It should not be used as a medical advice, a diagnosis or a suggested treatment.
This article was originally published on HealthClues – https://www.healthclues.net/blog/en/l484-pill/